When you choose ECS&R and Recom, you can rest assured that your materials will be properly recycled and disposed. We hold the following certifications and permits required to be a responsible recycler and transporter of hazardous wastes:
- R2: The Responsible Recycling Standard (ECS&R’s sister company ReCom Services, Inc. in Cochranton, PA holds the R2 certification)
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
- WMGR081D005 Permit for demanufacturing of electronics (ECS&R’s sister company ReCom Services, Inc. in Cochranton, PA holds the R2 certification)
- Universal Waste Handler
- Licensed Hazardous Waste Transporter through DOT
- PA DEP 10-day in-transit Hazardous Waste Facilities
- PEDEP 30-day Household Hazardous Waste Permitted Facility
R2: The Responsible Recycling Standard
The R2 standard is the leading global certification standard for the electronics reuse and recycling industry. The requirements in the R2 Standard are designed to protect people, protect the environment, protect data, and preserve resources. This is achieved through rigorous annual 3rd-party audits of R2 certified facilities, and through transparency and accountability throughout the entire reuse/recycling chain of used electronic products.
R2 was developed through an open and transparent multi-stakeholder process. To learn more about the R2 developement process, click here.
The ISO 14000 family of standards provides practical tools for
companies and organizations of all kinds looking to manage their environmental responsibilities.
ISO 14001 focuses on environmental systems to achieve this. The other standards in the family focus on specific approaches such as audits, communications, labeling and life cycle analysis, as well as environmental challenges such as climate change.
OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
OHSAS 18001 is a British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems that is recognized and implemented worldwide. The most recent version of this standard was published in 2007.