How do the events work?
- Residents register for recycling event.
- During the registration process, residents choose an appointment time to bring drop off items.
- As residents arrive, the ECS&R crew unloads items. Residents are required to stay in their vehicles while ECS&R personnel off-load.
- For recycling events that require a fee to be paid, ECS&R accepts cash, check or card.
- The waste is initially segregated and sent to different areas of the collection site for repackaging.
- The material is then loaded and transported to ECS&R’s headquarters in Cochranton, PA for final processing.
ECS&R ensures your items are recycled and reused wherever possible and do not end up in a landfill. Otherwise, materials are properly and lawfully disposed.
Looking to host or sponsor an event? These recycling events are a great way for municipalities and corporations to help the overall community and environment. Consider ECS&R for your next public relations event. Contact Us Now!
What’s the cost to residents?
Rates vary by municipality and material type and are published in the respective municipality registration form.
What’s accepted at the recycling events?
- Computer Monitors & Towers/Laptops
- Any electronic with a cord, screen or circuit board
- Stereos/CD & Tape Players
- Fax Machines
- Phones and accessories
- Air Conditioning Units
- Light Bulbs
- Cleaning Products
- Pool Chemicals
- Wood/Metal Cleaners & Polish
- Gasoline/Kerosene/Diesel Fuels
- Propane Tanks
- Driveway Sealer
- Paint Strippers
- Waste Oils/Motor Oils
- Fuel Additives
- Transmission/Brake/Starter Fluid
- Car Wax and Polishes
- Indoor Pesticides
- Flea Repellents/Shampoo
- Bug Spray
- Mouse/Rat Poisons
- Fuel Additives
What’s NOT accepted at the recycling events?
- Tires (except for Erie County Events)
- Fire Extinguishers
- Smoke Detectors
- Compressed Gas
- Radioactive Materials
- Elemental Mercury
- Medical Waste
- Large Appliances